Monday, January 10, 2005

It's A Shpadoinkle Day!

Thanks to Amber, Lee, and Andrew for the links, and welcome fellow Bamberians, Right-Thinkers, and Sullivanites! This is the blogger equivilent of jumping into bed only to find that you're sharing it with a set of naked, blonde triplets.

A number of people have made an excellent point about my fisking, one which I'm inclined to agree with: it would be more far more accurate to say that South Park is the only popular TV show likely to convert young people to a particular brand of conservatism, likely one Bozell doesn't endorse.

My mother also made a legitimate point that--even if the moral of the episode is sound--the content is still rather extreme. I'm fine with it being on cable at 10:30 pm on Wednesdays, my mom's not. Of course, it'd be impossible to have that argument if your knowledge of South Park was limited to Bozell's piece. The point stands that Bozell is a doofus who either a) wrote an article condemning a TV episode he has not seen (at least in its entirety), or b) intentionally witheld information from his article that would have undermined his thesis, much as Michael Moore would do.

I'm sending an email to Bozell. I'll let you know if he says anything.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Eagles said...

I tried watching the first 15 minutes of "Cannibal," and while I appreciated it, I bought the DVD for the commentary only, so I was so eager to listen to that I went back to the beginning and watched the whole film simply with the commentary. Greatest commentary ever? Yes!

January 11, 2005 at 12:50 AM  
Blogger SugardaddyNevada said...

Great post! Although I am not a fan of south park (althought he movie was great!) I'd have to agree with you in that it is definately an intelligently written show. Even though they go to extremes, if you look closely you will see what they realy are driving at...

January 11, 2005 at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home